Saturday, January 17, 2009

4 Months... and Growing

Kelton is 4 months old today. he is my cutie little baby boy, as you can see. he is the highlight of my days, for obvious reasons being he is the baby and needs most of my time. he can be a stinker in the middle of the night for he does not get the sleep through the night yet.. and actually he has gotten worse since he was born. but i love him to pieces. he is real smiley and i love to smell him. i know that sounds weird but i like all of his smells... the smell of his breath, his hair, his hands, his feet (even when they are sweaty), and his poop. yes i know every thinks i'm crazy but baby infant poop, at least my kids, smell good. i love his fluffy soft hair and snuggling and kissing him all the time. at times he is not a good baby but he is getting older and getting better at keeping himself entertained with toys i give him. mikenna and andon love him and they are such big helpers. i'm sure his exact size but we do go to the doctor next week so i will know soon.
kelton just chillin on the big lovesac
andon and kelton 
so at about 4 months, i start to introduce my babies to cereal. so here is the story of kelton's first feeding.
why do i think my little baby will fit in a highchair? i dont know what i was thinking
okay so he hated the first feeding, he cried, and spit, and cried, and spit.
what is going on, i want my milk. 
so i calmed him down and we tried again.... this was his happier face after we practiced and he got the hang of it a little.
by the third night he ate much better and enjoyed it... and look, an empty bowl and a happy, full kelton

8 comments:

Gates & Tausha said...

kim. lets talk. you like the smell of POOP?! hahaha....
ok. that was a good talk.

your little baby is SOOO cute---the pic of him in the high chair is the BEST!!!!

Becca said...

The last picture is the cutest with his smile and the empty bowl. My kids didn't like their first feeding either. He is the cutest kid!

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

Kelton will appreciate these pictures when he gets much older and really enjoys eating. It sounds like you two have bonded very well. A darling boy. I have his picture on the frig for now.

Kass said...

So cute! I can't believe he is already eating rice cereal!

Anny said...

What a cute smile! Three days to get used to food, not bad! I can't believe he is 4 months.

Jessica said...

O i'm so sad I am missing my darling little nephew growing up!! i can't wait to see you guys again. It is my goal to make it to Texas by the end of this year... so we can swap babies for awhile!!! :) i love you guys!

hdawgy said...

I love all the cute new pics! Kelton is getting so big! I love it! He is so tiny in that high chair! haha I haven't started Brighton on cereal yet...I just haven't made it to the store to go buy any yet! I'm sure she will love it! When do you give it to him?...in the morning or at night?

Wilson Family said...

what a big boy! i followed your lead and tried giving dylan some cereal...didn't go so well, even when i tried to calm him down wiht a bottle. pj said he's not ready yet. oh well...wish kelton was around to be a better example for dylan