Monday, August 24, 2009

Kindergarten

My baby girl started kindergarten this morning. i have known this day was coming soon and all summer i have prepared for this....
i have never been sad or worried about mikenna. she is almost 6 and so ready to be in school. plus, she needs something to do during the day because she gets bored. i was the weird excited mom that couldn't wait to get everything on her school list, help her pick out a backpack and lunch box. i sat down last night and enjoyed filling out all her papers she needed to take back and double checked her list, set her clothes out ( which mikenna picked ), and dreamt about her first morning getting ready but...
i woke up this morning with knots in my stomach. i was nervous. i followed her around all morning because we were the only two awake. i talked to her about every little thing before school and was weird. 
Mikenna, on the other hand, has been excited about school except last week when we started counting down the days. she went back and forth saying whether she wanted to go or not. last night before she went to bed she finally started screaming that she was so excited. that made me feel better. this morning she was silly. she laughed and was just being silly.
we got to school and i walked her into her classroom. she was quiet, shy, and, calm. she sat down and i helped her put her stuff away. i said goodbye and i left. no tears from me or her thank goodness. as soon as i got home my knots were gone and the house was quiet. 
I cant wait to pick her up this afternoon.!!!

mikenna in front of her school
sitting down in her classroom

10 comments:

Stefany Pew said...

Ahhh......what a big girl!! Is she in all-day Kindergarten or just half day? I can't wait for Kylee to go next year. Heck, I can't wait for preschool to start in a couple weeks! She loves it and I love that she loves it. So I don't get sad at all. But then again, Kindergarten is going to be a whole new experience....I'm sure! You did good Momma!!! She looks so cute in her new outfit!

Jaimi said...

Ah,all my babies are growing up! Sorry, I can't help but call the kiddos I love my "my babies" or "my kids."(:

Julene said...

Don't blink.

Wilson Family said...

our girls are so big!!!! i remember when they started preschool together...that was years ago and yet it doesn't seem like it. i was the excited mom doing all the shopping and preparing too because brynn needed school the same way mikenna did. but then i was wierd today. wierd is a good way to describe it. i didn't feel like myself. but this is out of my control so i guess that's why...glad you got through it too ;)

Kass said...

I love the details of this post...you will love looking back on this. I have the same weirdness in common with ya-but I do end up shedding a few tears each new school year-especially that Kindergarten one.

Becca said...

I've been through that same thing 4 times:) Soon enough she will be graduating from High School. Loved your post. Glad all is well.

Unknown said...

You are so funny. That is totally you Kimmy!

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

Kimberly, I remember the same thing happening to me when I saw your mother walk out the door to the school bus to start 1st grade. She was my first one and it was hard to let her go. She did go to Mrs. Brown's kindergarten, but that was different. I enjoyed reading your feelings about letting your first child go for such a long time.

Anny said...

So cute. I still get excited about school starting, all the supplies and clothes. It's a fun time.

hdawgy said...

THat is crazy she is in kindergarten! It is exciting for them and for you! I'm sure she loves it too! I am excited for Corban to go too! She looks so cute in her cute new outfit and her backpack! You are a great mom getting her all ready!