Wednesday, January 13, 2010

15 month old check up

today i had the weirdest doctor appointment that i can remember. i took kelton for his 15 month check up (but he is 16 months old) anyway, this morning, after his nap, i got him dressed at 11, we had lunch, and headed for the doctor's. we got there and while i was in the room undressing him i noticed he was covered in a rash. i was totally taken by surprise as i had just noticed it. the doctor came in, did his nomal check up, and noticed his throat was a little red. he swabbed it and did a test to see if he had anything that was the cause of the rash. now if i was at home, i would have not taken him to the doctor for a rash because normally it goes away after a few days because it's just a little virus. but i was there so he was checked just in case.
the boys played while we waited for the result, kelton got his shots, and then the doctor came back in. kelton has strep throat...... uh strep throat are you serious. i couldn't believe it. it's not very common on a 16 month old and at this age, a rash is a beginning sign of it. so fortunately we caught it before it got worse but unfortunately strep throat is very contagious so i hope no one else gets it. i asked the doctor, so what would happen if i didn't come in today. he said you would be in here in three days with a very sick child. thank goodness for the rash that made the test happen and ammoxocillan, kelton will be fine by tomorrow night and not have to get the real feeling of strep throat.
stats for kelton:
weight-20 lbs- 3%ile
length- 3o inches- 12%ile
head- 75%ile

i know kelton is small but he is growing and is so adorable. we love having him around and hope he gets better soon.

10 comments:

Stefany Pew said...

Awww....he is so small! Kylee was always in the 80%ile-100%ile for everything! Hahaha! She was my fat rolly polly from birth! Glad you caught Kelton's strep so soon. Hope it doesn't spread!

Kim and Nathan said...

Wow, thats crazy. Glad it was caught soon. Cant wait til Monday to find out what you are having. Im thinking a girl:) And I have been meaning to tell you, I never thought I'd see the day when you had a dog in your family pictures:) I love little weiner dogs!

Anny said...

Strep at 16 months! Wow you are lucky. Cute "little" guy. Glad all is well and hope it doesn't spread.

Wilson Family said...

oh my goodness i would love to see our boys next to eachother...bottom of the chart versus top of the chart.
what perfect timing for the rash to show up! thank goodness!!

Julene said...

Oh my goodness, what a blessing. Take care momma, hope you don't catch it! Love ya!

Laura said...

Poor Kelton! I don't envy you on the strep throats to come. I heard that you are either a carrier or your not. Hopefully he is the only one. I love watching him and his little legs.

Jenny said...

Oh, he is such a squish face!!! You have the most beautiful children! I hope he is feeling better real soon!

Brock said...

Kimberly,
I hope Kelton feels better! I just wanted to say thanks for your christmas card and for keeping in touch. I love hearing from you. You and John are wonderful.:) We didn't send out cards this year, but will definitely do it this next year. Congrats on the baby to come! Say hello to everyone. big hugs. Brock

Becca said...

I'm so glad you caught the strep before it got too bad. I could always tell my kids had it because they kept pulling on their ears, or telling me their ears hurt. Kelton is such a cute boy. I can't believe he is 16 months already!

Kass said...

So glad he is doing good now!!! Crazy stuff. He weighs the same as Callahan. Yikes.