Friday, May 30, 2008

Flashback Friday

today i am flashing back exactly 10 years to may 30, 1998. john and i went on our first date and saw the movie titanic. that was the start of 3 and 1/2 years of dating before we got married. in that time, there were many more movie dates, ice cream dates, lots of other kinds of dates, lots of school dances, lots of sports, lots of kisses, a few arguments, and most of all, lots of fun, laughter, and making memories. we have now been together 10 wonderful years, 3 and 1/2 dating and 6 and 1/2 married. and i know the married years are going to continue increasing for a long long time. john is my amazing husband, my companion, my best friend, a wonderful daddy to our kids, and i love him more and more everyday. 

5 comments:

Stefany Pew said...

Oh how I remember those dating years in high school. But you know how that went for me..........(I was jealous of John "stealing" my best friends away)! Little did I know that you would be spending the rest of your lives and eternity together! I guess it's okay then! Ha ha!!! No but really....I'm so happy that you two found each other and make each other so happy. You are perfect for each other and make the cutest kids ever!!! Congrats on this 10 year "anniversary" - - I guess it's more like a mile stone. Either way, congrats!

Kim and Nathan said...

Dont forget the latenight drive-bys dropping off surprises for John... and I know you sill have that movie ticket stub:) I cant believe its been 10 years.

Becca said...

John is a great man. We are so glad he is part of our family! I can't believe it has been 10 years either.

Anny said...

10 years! Wow, I had no idea it has been that long. You two are such a great example of true friends. What a neat tribute to him. We all love John!

Gates & Tausha said...

crazy. it's been SOOOO long. we love johnn!! you guys are so sweet.