Sunday, June 28, 2009

Father's Day

i know i am posting this a week late but this past week i have not been my computer at all, i have been just crazy busy. on father's day we had laura and janell and there families over for dinner and we hung out and played games. it was a lot of fun. normally we have dinner at my mom and dad's but they were out of town. 
here is the wonderful father of my children with our beautiful kids.
you know i had to jump in for a picture because how often do we get a family photo... not much.

two weeks ago i told john that on monday the 22nd he needed to be completely free and make no plans. monday are john's saturdays so i had planned a special fun day for him. he had no clue what we were doing. on sunday i gave him his fathers day card and in it told him to be ready in the morning at 8:30. he was hoping to sleep in but didn't get too. 

monday morn i got up at 6 and got ready and then woke the kids up and got them ready. we left at 7:30 and john was still asleep. i took the kids to my sister's and then was home by 8:20 to pick john up. we left and started driving. we drove to arlington (about 2 hours) and went to six flags for the day. john was impressed that i planned this but i felt we needed a day alone together. the timing was perfect after a rough previous week and we had a blast. it was an awesome day.

so here we are right when we get there and wanted to take a picture with batman. the other character was aquaman. not a huge fan of whoever he is. all i can say about him is his ride is the first one we went on and we got soaked from head to toe. 



this ride was the titan, the monster roller coaster. this was the end of our day. we pretty much went on all the big rides and that was good for us.
after we left,  john wanted pf changs for dinner. i was not a huge fan of there even though i love chinese food but i am now because it was excellent. and i tried something new i have never had, chicken lettuce wraps, they were amazing.


john is my amazing husband and i love him more every day!!

9 comments:

Jaimi said...

What?! You just tried lettuce wraps? That is so sad!(; What a great surprise for John. There are few things better than a date with the hubs!

Wilson Family said...

i thought you were lost...i'm glad you found your computer again!

that really was an impressive surprise! how fun for the two of you!! good job kim! i love amusement parks and haven't been to one without kids for SO long. wish we could have gone and had fun with you.

and seriously?!...pf changs lettuce wraps are the best. had i known you hadn't had them we would have had a girls night out there.

love the family picture!

Stefany Pew said...

I went to Six Flags in Texas last July when I was there with Natalie's team for nationals. The Titan is CRAZY FUN!!! That first drop is sooooo long! My stomach felt like it was still dropping when I got off the ride. Fun day you planned!!!

Laura said...

I was kind of surprised when you told me about your plan. But I know you totally had fun and it is always needed to be alone without kids. They were great by the way!

Jenny said...

Kimberly, you are so fun. I think you just have to DO things sometimes. Gotta love those hubbies!!!

Becca said...

What a fun trip for you two. I'm glad you and John had a day to yourselves. I'm sure your kids had fun at their cousins too.:) John is a great father...and nephew in law:) Miss you guys. I'm glad we can keep up through blogging.

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

Kimberly, you have some of your Granpa Weaver in you. I used to get surprises like that quite often and it really made me feel good and built me up. It looks like your day was fantastic, Hint to John that he could do a surprise sometime, too, right? What a sweet sister to take the children for you, too. Love you both so much.

Rachel & Bobby said...

Hey Kim! John's a lucky guy - That was a really good idea. I'm jealous! Maybe I should surprise Bobby with a trip to Castles n Coasters...haha.

Anny said...

You are so cute. I love that you did that for your cute husband. I love pf changs, yum I'm hungry and yes their lettuce wraps are the best.