Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Girls Night

in the last couple of weeks, i have realized that my little mikenna is about to become a big sister again and i am going to need her help a lot.  i know i wont be able to spend as much time with her after the baby is here so i decided we needed a girls night/ mommy and mikenna night out. i told her about this last week and she has been very excited for our girls night. so here is my documentation on our night. we left at 4 in the afternoon and didn't get home till 9.
the first stop was walmart. i needed a few things and while we were there mikenna got to pick out a prize, a toothbrush, gum, and a new outfit for the baby. 
our next stop was dinner. we went to chick fil a and had some yummy food. mikenna played on the toys for while after we ate and then we left.
the main event for our night was getting pedicures. mikenna is very girly and i thought that getting her feet done would be fun. she loves massages and painting her nails too. this was new for me as well but i knew this would be fun for both of us. and we had a blast!! 

mikenna giggled a lot but liked the man working on my toes
she liked the massage on her feet the best. it felt good.

after getting her toes painted, mikenna was able to sit back in the chair and get the massage on her back. it was new to her and we sat there for a while and relaxed.
the finished project. mikenna's bright pink toes and my red toes. 
after pampering our feet, we went to get haircuts. this is mikenna starting her cut....
the finished project. i have been debating for a while whether to cut her hair or not but she wanted to get it cut so we did it. and i like the way it turned out.
our last stop was braum's, the icecream shop. mikenna had strawberry and i had german chocolate. it was delicious.
we got home and shared a hug on the couch before we went to bed. i love mikenna and she is such a good daughter. we had a great girls night. 


14 comments:

Wilson Family said...

what fun!? why didn't i think of that????!? huh....
well just so ya know i should be having this baby on friday - keep your fingers crossed.

The Moore Family said...

OHh, I want to be your daughter!!! What a great idea!!

Jaimi said...

Love that girl! Summer talks about her all the time and has a picture on the fridge for her.

Jenny said...

You are such a good Mama!!! It is so important to make our older babies feel loved. Since they will be the second mommies they need just as much pampering as we do. Sounds like you had a blast. We love you guys!

Becca said...

What a perfect girls night out. She will remember that for a long time. I'm sure she loved picking out an outfit for the baby too. One week EEEK!

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

Boy, you did something very important with Mikenna in giving her one on one time. It sounds like a really fun night for both of you. The pictures were cute, especially the painted toes!! Don't forget to call me when that little baby gets here.

Laura said...

I am so glad I got to see your awesome night. Those times are so much fun. I can't believe you are going to have a new little one and I am going to miss it. I love you guys. Keep me posted. By the way put your feet up you are swelling up like a pumpkin. he!he!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see you guys next week. Everytime I say Kimmy, Sawyer says Where's Andon? He can't wait to come and play with his big brother Treston and his best Buddy Pal Andon. He is really getting tired of "The Girl" That would be Tatum the Terrible!!!! I have spoiling Meagan for weeks now with pedicures and now I am ready to spoil Mikenna. And NO, I still don't want a little girl!
Love Ya Sis!!!!

Kass said...

I love mommy dates! Mikenna is one lucky little lady!

Anny said...

What a fun, awesome night. She will remember this night for a very long time. Cute pictures of you gals, you look so good! Good luck, it's getting close!

Jami said...

Mikenna's hair looks SO CUTE! It's amazing what a couple of inches can do in terms of looking older. And you definitely had the ultimate girls' night out!!! See if you can get John to agree to this monthly! Well, except for the hair cut. Mikenna's hair would be REALLY short if you did that. HA HA. ;0)

Gates & Tausha said...

oh my gosh be my mommy. :) that is SUCH a blast!!!

Heather said...

This is too cute! It brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to do things like that with Presley!

hdawgy said...

Oh that is awesome! Nothing beats pampering yourself and to do it with your daughter would make it even better! I'm jealous! I hope you had your baby cuz I had mine 2 days after I got a pedicure!