Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

i love christmas. it is a wonderful time of the year. this year we stayed in texas for the holiday and spent it with my family. since my mom, brother, and sister just arrived here on tuesday, janell and i planned christmas eve and christmas and kinda took over this year. we spent a lot of time preparing and had a great day. 
christmas eve was a night of service, nativity story, games, snacking, and the traditional getting kids pajamas.
this is jordann and mikenna in there matching pj's...
the boys in there pj's...
and all the kids together

Christmas morning the kids wait to go out and see what santa brought them

here they are running down the hall to the family room...
wow, kelton got a activity mat from santa...
andon got a basketball hoop...
and mikenna got a play kitchen
grandma and kelton
tyler, jordann, mom, and kenna on the couch while we opened gifts
my gift from john was a bike. janell and i have been jogging a lot at night and we would ride bikes but i didn't have one, only she did so john surprised me with an awesome bike. i was so excited.
kelton just hanging around playing on his mat
the kids around the tree



Mikenna's big gift..... mikenna and treston were both getting the same big gift. to give them this we sent the kids on a scavenger hunt to find it.
here they are running to some of the clues

after finding six snowflake with clues on them, they made it back to the house and ran inside to find the mysterious gift...
two baby miniature dauchounds.... yes mikenna got a puppy... and why did i do this, i don't know... but i hope i don't regret it.
here she is with her little puppy at there first meeting. it is a boy and she named him max. treston's puppy is also a boy and he named him dax. the two are brothers and yes i know there names rhyme , it's confusing but oh well the kids named them 
the kids played with the puppy's all day. they are fun, at least right now they are
mikenna and max
we hope you had a wonderful christmas and celebration of the savior's birth. merry christmas. love, john, kimberly, mikenna, andon, and kelton                                             


14 comments:

Kim and Nathan said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas with all your family. The puppies are so cute too:) What a thoughtful gift from John. I wish you lived by me so we could go on bike rides again. Those were good times:) Miss you and talk to you soon.

Jenny said...

Ahhhh... you are so fun! I think Max looks perfect for Kenna! The girls really want to meet little Max and see your family. We miss you guys, but I am so glad you have all of your family! You seem so happy, and we are so happy for you!

Laura said...

It looks like your day turned out great. I can't believe you gave in and got a puppy. We miss you guys so much. Merry Christmas!

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

I felt like I was there with you Kimberly. What a nice thing for you and Janell to do in getting everything ready instead of your mom having to worry about it! Cute puppies, too. We had two cats once and they were named Pill & Jill. But one ran away. I'm glad that everyone had a good Christmas and now you can enjoy your gifts all year especially the gift of being together as a happy family!

The Lichlyter's said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas in your new home. We missed you guys and I can't wait to come visit. Take care and we'll see you soon. Great pictures of the kids.

Molly said...

Oh my gosh those puppies are SO cute! I have one too, a miniature named Coco. Everyone hates her but I just can't help but love her, she is so darn cute! I'm glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas, we sure missed you at the Parks Chrismas party!

Anny said...

Oh my goodness, puppies! You are brave! They are so cute! I'm glad you enjoyed your Christmas! Miss ya

Wilson Family said...

a puppy!!!?! i guess i didn't really know you guys wanted a dog...max is adorable! the one good thing about you being in texas is that brynn won't start begging me for one ;) glad you guys had a merry christmas!

Becca said...

What a fun Christmas! I'm sure it was great to have most of the family together again. I can't believe you got a puppy, wow, so brave. So, who gave Tyler the Longhorn hat? Already a fan? Love the pictures.

Gates & Tausha said...

i LOVE the christmas pj pics kim!!! (and it's great to see your mom there in the pics with you now in texas!!!) merry christmas/happy new year! we missed you around here!

hdawgy said...

What a fun Christmas! Those puppies are adorable! I love your bike too! Good job with the surprise John! All the kids look so cute in their matching pajamas! We go Brighton one of those little activity mats too! She loves it!

Lisa said...

What a fun Christmas--and gorgeous puppies! Looks like you guys are enjoying yourselves down there!

We wanted to send you a late holiday card and need your new address. Would you mind emailing me lisaowens99@msn.com and sending your address? Thanks, have a great day!

Kass said...

What a great and memorable Christmas you created for your family! I loved reading all about it and felt like I was there. Awesome to incorporate the service into Christmas Eve. Makes is more fun I bet! Can't believe you got puppies. . .I might have given in too they are soooo adorable. I like the rhyming names-it's a good thing I didn't have twins!

Jessica said...

I was just able to finally see your blog... I'm so sad we missed Christmas with you guys!! But looks like you'll be adding another family member to your activities soon. We miss you guys tons!!