Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Two "Hair"ibble Experiences

so in the last 4 days, i have had two first experiences that just come with having children. the first one happened on saturday night. the kids were in the bath and i was around doing stuff when i heard mikenna calling me and heard the words "mom, gum in hair. " i was scared to see what that was. i walked in the bathroom and this is what i saw...






 
my first reaction was go get the camera and take a picture. so i did and then i walked out to get the peanut butter and asked john "are you ready to shave your son's head?" the gum was pretty stuck in his hair.
peanut butter always did the job when i was little so that is what i used......

and it worked very well!

now on to last night. i went to dallas for the day with my mom and when i got home mikenna was watching tv in my room and she was in there for most of the night and i was out in the kitchen and family room doing stuff. well it was later after i got home and i found andon running around with the nail clippers; so i took them from him and went to put them away. i opened the drawer and saw this...









aawww i sceamed and was really flipping out. i yelled for mikenna and john to come in there and looked at her hair. this is what it looked like...




i was so not happy about what she had done. i asked her why she did that and she started crying saying she wanted her hair short.  john calmed me down because i was furious but we talked about it and i came to realize it was not that bad and it was definately fixable. it could have been a lot worse.
this morning i took her to get her haircut and this is what her hair looks like now....
it looks real cute... but i hope she learned her lesson.




On a happier note, on saturday we went to the animal museum. my grandma weaver has been visiting for the past two weeks and we decided to go here before she left.

my mom and grandma with all the kids.
me and my kiddos
laura and her 5 kids
mom, grandma, jordann, and my other sisters 2 boys

11 comments:

Julene said...

Another thing to be grateful for, is that she cut her OWN hair and not the neighbor girl's! Trust me....not fun.

Jessica said...

Her haircut turned out so cute! At least Andon didn't try to cut her hair... who know's what it would've turned out like! I can't wait to see you guys soon!!

Laura said...

As you know I have had my experiences too. But you are right, it was definetly fixable and it turned out so cute.

Becca said...

I loved McKenna's face in the first picture. Not too happy. She looked very happy after she got her "real" hair cut. So, cute. The Animal museum looked fun as well. I'm glad Grandma was able to go.

Anny said...

You are lucky it was fixable, I have seen some real doozies that take months and months before they look presentable again. I do love her new hair cut and you gotta love peanut butter. I've used that many times. We need to put the animal museum on our list of things to do also. Texas is looking so fun!

Wilson Family said...

Well, just having gone through that whole hair cut thing with Brynn, I know how mad you must have been. But honestly...I think a very good thing came out of it - I LOVE LOVE LOVE her short, cute, new, sassy do. It is adorable on her! And thanks for the trick about the peanut butter - i'm sure i'll be needing that hint sooner than later unfortunately.

hdawgy said...

haha Oh my gosh that is pretty funny Kim! I am just waiting for that day when Brighton is old enough to cut her hair! haha So far Corban hasn't done it yet! (knock on wood) Her hair turned out so cute though! I'm sure she learned a good lesson though! She is such a cutie!

The Lichlyter's said...

that is funny. I am glad you were able to see the humor there. Luckily it wasn't worse. Mikenna is so cute. She has changed so much since I have seen her last.

Zman said...

I have had a lot of peanut butter in my hair and even gum! I wish I went to that Museum that lookes awesome. That is cool that grandma was ablr to make it aswell!

Kass said...

Seriously-great haircut for Mikenna-not a fun way to decide to do it. She seems so independent-I love it.

Gotta love the good 'ol peanut butter!

My Mom showed me the great picts of her Texas trip. You gals are having a ball-so awesome!

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

I am sorry it took so long to look at your blog. These pictures and stories tell what being a mother is all about! What a fun two weeks I had with all of you in Texas. I loved getting to know my great-grandchildren better.