Friday, April 17, 2009

Walmart and Rain

walmart and rain do not mix. so here is how my day went. we had a couple of things to do today so the kids and i ate breakfast and headed out this morning. it was beautiful outside. we made a few quick stops, one of them was mikenna's school she'll be attending this fall and registration is next month. i can't believe my baby girl will be in school. anyway, next we went to get kelton's pictures done. he did so good and they turned out so cute. it's hard to choose when there are so many good ones. and i wanted to blog them but i have no way to. i was wondering how i could get them on the computer because i have seen other people put some on their blog. two hours later when i was on my way home i remembered that the lady asked me if i wanted the pictures emailed to me and i said no. duh, that's how i could have blogged them. oh well so you don't get to see them but they are cute.
okay back to the point of the story. our last stop was walmart. it was not raining when we went in but when we left it was pouring. i had no jackets or blankets to cover us, because i left them in the truck, three kids, and a cart load of groceries. i had no choice. we raced out in the rain and mikenna and i walked swiftly through inches of rain. our pants and shoes were soaked and all of our heads. i put the kids in the truck and loaded the wet groceries as fast as i could. when i got in the truck the kids were all laughing and thought it was cool that they got wet.  so i decided let's take pictures of our wet selves and blog about it. the pictures don't show the best wetness but we were wet and it was fun.




i know what you're thinking, why was this so great to blog about. well it's not but i haven't had many of these experiences in arizona with no rain and it's crazy how fast the weather changes here. plus, some kind of blog is better than none. 

7 comments:

Julene said...

I loved your blog, Kimberly. I'd much rather see real-life rain pictures than studio shots anyday. And I loved your smiles...what a fun memory!

Becca said...

You and your kids will remember this day always, now that you have written it down. I love to hear about the every day boring stuff people do...besides, getting drenched with three kids and groceries is not normal Ü

Wilson Family said...

this is the perfect thing to blog about!...the everyday simple joys of life that kids point out to us. good times to remember!

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

I know the feeling! We were in it, too, but I had help from your mom. What an undertaking for you! You are a super mom and you play great volleyball, besides!! Love, Grandma W.

Jessica said...

hahaha I love it! Rain is the best and we did get rained on when we were camping! I wish the weather would change that much here! Love and miss you guys!

Anny said...

What a day! The kids look soaked and so do you! I love everyone's smile, you can tell that everyone was happy and loving the rain. Thanks for sharing

hdawgy said...

haha I love the wet pics! I bet that was quite an adventure trying to load everyone and the groceries in the rain! You're brave to go to the store by yourself with the kids! I avoid that as much as I can! It's hard enough with 2! haha